6 rashers smoked streaky bacon
300g frozen peas
100g fresh peas podded
200g dried Orecchiette pasta
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment and place the bacon on top evenly spaced out, in a single layer. Top with another piece of parchment followed by a second baking sheet. Put in the oven for 20mins until golden brown and crisp. Leave aside until cool and then break into smaller bite size pieces.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add a pinch of salt and cook the peas for 2-3mins until just cooked.
- Remove from the water and blend immediately with 20g butter until very smooth. Add a splash of the cooking water if needed. However the puree should be very thick. Leave aside in a frying pan.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, add the pasta and cook according to the instructions on the packet.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain the pasta through a colander and add straight into the pea puree.
- Add two thirds of the pecorino, fresh peas, salt, pepper and the remaining 10g of butter. Mix until combined.
- Spoon a portion into a pasta bowl, top with the bacon pieces, more grated pecorino, pea shoots and a drizzle of olive oil.