Intermediate Cooking Skills is a two-part cooking course series, that takes place full-time during the day over one week, to help confident cooks level up their skills and become more adventurous in the kitchen.
These courses are designed to cover numerous skills and techniques to boost your cooking ability in a short, concentrated period of time. By the end of the week, you’ll have worked your way through a series of delicious recipes and developed a broad range of more challenging cooking techniques to fuel creativity and freedom in your cooking.
Part 1 and Part 2 may be taken in succession to obtain a thorough intermediate skillet or taken individually. Those looking to develop high-level skills should explore our weeklong Advanced Cooking Skills course or Key Cooking Skills to learn cooking basics.
Part 2 of Intermediate Cooking Skills builds on an existing skillset, that may have been developed in Intermediate Cooking Skills Part 1, and covers a range of more intricate cooking, including meat cooking, filleting a round fish, soufflés, pastry, bread, pasta and preserving.
- Meat cooking
- Filleting a fish and cooking of fish
- Soufflés, sweet and savoury
- Advanced pastry such as pate sucrée
- Enriched breads such as doughnuts and the use of bigas and starter doughs
- Pasta and shaped pasta
- Shellfish preparation and cooking
- Tortelini with spinach and ricotta and a sage butter
- Bavette with shallot and tamarind puree
- Jam doughnuts filled with raspberry jam
- Pan fried mackerel, beetroot, lovage, radish and pickled shallot salad, dill yoghurt
- Twice baked goats cheese soufflés
- Salt and spice roasted pork belly with caramelised peanut and chilli dressing
- Pate sucrée pastry to create a Passion fruit tart
Sample recipes may be subject to change