Go from beginner to masterchef-in-the-making in just two weeks, on this new home-cook course. This course has been especially designed for those wishing to master the foundations of professional cookery and skills in a condensed period of time.
You’ll learn core culinary skills with a professional approach, as you cover many of the skills taught on our professional Essential Cooking Certificate course and benefit from the classes being led by the Leiths Diploma teachers.
Unlike our home-cook courses and classes, this fast-paced course includes continual teacher feedback on the food you create, as well as access to Leiths exclusive skills videos, bringing a professional kitchen experience to your time with us.
Included in the course fees are a Leiths apron and hat worn in Leiths professional kitchens.
- Knife skills and seasoning
- Egg cooking
- Flour based sauces
- Slow meat cooking
- Choux pastry
- Shortcrust pastry
- Simple bread
- Fish cooking
- Prawn prep and cook and emulsion sauces
- Steak cooking
- Melting method cakes
- Lemon and ricotta tortellini
- Berry tartlets with crème pâtissière filling
- Crudites, labneh dip
- Macaroni cheese with green salad and dressing
- Chilli con carne with brown butter cornbread
- Roast fennel and bean soup with cheese gougère
- Lamb rump, moutabal, pickled red onions and flatbread
- Sea bream fillets with blood orange and fennel salad
- Kedgeree with quail’s eggs and spinach
- Steak with chimichurri sauce, hasselback potatoes and watercress salad
- Pavlova with Malibu cream, mango and passionfruit
- Toffee and apple pudding with Chantilly cream
- Tarte Normande
Sample recipes may be subject to change