Learn to master the complex art of patisserie on this course for confident home-cooks. An ‘Introduction to Patisserie’ is perfect for those passionate about pastry who want to master the fundamentals of this delicate craft.
Throughout the course, you’ll be creating show-stopping desserts, marvellous meringues, tantalising tarts and petits fours to impress. You will conquer macarons with passion fruit ganache, individual tartes au citron and a classic brownie with a salted caramel twist.
By mastering timeless methods, you will be armed with the confidence to adapt and add your own personal style to bold recipes and be able to identify and navigate your way through any problems which may occur during patisserie preparation.
To cover all the skills and recipes in 12 weeks, the course will run at a professional pace with 4-6hrs of cooking each week. You’ll be making a large quantity of treats – so be ready to share your creations with your friends and neighbours!
This 12-week course will teach you patisserie proficiency, guiding you through timeless techniques and methods that every baker and pastry chef worth their salt will intuitively employ in a modern kitchen.
Each week, you will unlock a new batch of video-based sessions that take you step-by-step through the process of cooking everything from pastries through to truffles. With Workshop’s unique hands-on method of learning, you’ll be cooking from day one with no need to read pages of theory in advance.
By joining the course, you will have access to the following through the Workshop app:
- 12 units, unlocked weekly, guiding you through ~4-6 hours of cooking time each week
- 34 individual cooking sessions
- Expert guidance and one-to-one support from your class mentor
- Collaborative group chat with your own private class and mentor
- Feedback on your dishes from your class and mentor via a private in-app feed of photo uploads
- A Certificate of Completion when you finish the course
In addition to the core aspects of the course, you will also get:
- Downloadable Leiths recipes and theory notes for you to keep
- Access to all video sessions for an additional 6 months after your course finishes