Those on a gluten-free diet need not miss out on the joy of bread and pastry.
This one-day class is an absolute must for anyone stepping into the world of gluten-free baking, where you’ll learn to cook a variety of versatile recipes and gain tips from our expert teachers on how to bake with texture and flavour.
From getting the perfect rise to mastering the perfect blend of alternative flours and understanding the role of binders and leavening agents, you will discover the techniques needed to achieve outstanding gluten-free results. Join us and unlock a world of gluten-free possibilities.
- Nut and seed loaf with chia, hazelnuts and oats
- Vanilla muffins with chocolate, avocado frosting and fresh raspberries
- Margarita pizza with buffalo mozzarella, fresh oregano and thyme
- Classic sausage rolls with shortcrust pastry
- Beetroot/butternut squash soda bread with toasted fennel seeds
- Caraway, linseed & yoghurt flatbreads, served with pomegranate and fresh mint hummus
Menu may be subject to change
Cooking with your classmates is an integral part of your Leiths experience. You will cook some of your recipes in pairs, and some independently. Regardless, there is always more than enough food to go around, and often food to take home too.
Your day will comprise of a mixture of practical cookery and demonstrations performed by the teacher who is running the session. The exact format will vary from class to class depending on the style of cuisine and, in the case of visiting chefs, their individual teaching style.
Around 1pm, you will break for lunch and enjoy the dishes you have cooked with the rest of your class, accompanied by a glass of wine or other refreshments. In some classes, such as skills classes, where dishes may not be appropriate for lunch, a mezze lunch will be provided.
- Refreshments on arrival
- A recipe booklet
- All ingredients provided and weighed out for you in advance
- We do the washing up
What to bring:
- Flat soled shoes
- Long trousers and a long-sleeved top are advisable
Allergies and dietary restrictions
We are happy to make adjustments where possible. However, some classes are unsuitable for people with particular intolerances as the menu would need to be completely different. We need 10 days’ notice to be able to properly check the class and adjust the order accordingly. Please read our full policy on allergies and dietary restrictions here.