Not everyone can attend their dream cookery school, with work, commitments and travel to consider, it can sometimes feel like a never-ending wait for the perfect opportunity to arise. But what if your dream cookery school could come to you?
This 24-week course will guide you through all the fundamental cooking skills, techniques and practices that every cook needs to thrive in a modern professional kitchen, covering the same skills taught on the in-person course at Leiths in London.
Each week, a new batch of video-based sessions is unlocked that take you step-by-step through the process of cooking everything from choux pastry to shellfish. With a unique hands-on method of learning, you’ll be cooking from day one with no need to read pages of theory in advance.
By joining the course, you will have access to the following through an app:
- 24 units, unlocked weekly, guiding you through 3 hours of cooking time each week
- 54 individual cooking sessions
- Expert guidance and one-to-one support from your class mentor
- Collaborative group chat with your own private class and mentor
- Feedback on your dishes from your class and mentor via a private in-app feed of photo uploads
- A final assessment to earn your course Certificate of Completion
In addition to the core aspects of the course, you will also get:
- Downloadable Leiths recipes and theory notes for you to keep
- Access to all video sessions for an additional 6 months after your assessment
- The opportunity to earn the full Leiths-accredited Essential Cooking Certificate at an additional two-day practical assessment in London