Complete your training of the online Chef Skills course with Leiths Online Cookery School and gain your professional accreditation on this two-day in-person assessment at Leiths. The certificate is an esteemed, professional cookery award which is now recognised in the UK as a leading qualification to start a career within the food industry. During the accreditation weekend, there will be a cookery assessment where the food you cook will be tasted and formally assessed by Leiths teachers.
You will also sit a theory exam to test a series of key techniques and skills covered over the course. With the addition of creative cookery sessions and demonstrations from our Leiths chefs. You will cook in our professional kitchens alongside fellow online students from a mix of cohorts.
Please note: this assessment is only available to students who have completed the Leiths Online Chef Skills Certificate. Please do not book a place unless you have completed this course. All applications for the assessment are subject to approval by online tutors.
The Online Chef Skills Two Day Accreditation is suitable for those who have completed the Online Chef Skills course with Leiths Online Cookery School and have been invited by their mentor to undertake the assessment.
In order to be eligible for the in-person assessment, you will need to have:
- Completed all of the modules to the satisfaction of your course tutor
- Passed the online assessment
- Taken and independently passed Food Safety & Hygiene Level 2 For Catering and Allergy Awareness Certificates
- Been invited by your online mentor to undertake the assessment by email
- Refreshments on arrival
- A recipe booklet
- All ingredients provided and weighed out for you in advance
- Lunch of your own making or sharing platters prepared by the school, accompanied by refreshments
- We do the washing up
What to bring:
- Flat soled shoes
- Long trousers and a long-sleeved top are advisable
Allergies and dietary restrictions
We are happy to make adjustments where possible. However, some classes are unsuitable for people with particular intolerances as the menu would need to be completely different. We need 10 days’ notice to be able to properly check the class and adjust the order accordingly. Please read our full policy on allergies and dietary restrictions here.