Take the stress out of your festive party prep and let Leiths help you create some spectacular canapés ready for an evening of Christmas entertaining. On this brand-new class, you will spend the day preparing four delicious appetizers under the guidance of our Leiths teachers, honing key cookery skills and techniques. After your session, all your canapés will be boxed up to take home with you, ready to be served to friends and family that evening for an instant Christmas canapé party.
With a mix of meat and plant-based options, including mu shu tempeh on shiso leaves, and stilton scones with cranberry sauce and crispy sage leaves, there will be something provided for every taste and preference. You will also learn tips on how to plan canapé parties in future, including what can be made ahead of time and skills like hot smoking and yeasted batters.
Serves 8-12 people
- Beef cheek fritters with piccalilli purée and pickled shallots
- Chilli glazed chicken skewers with crispy chicken skin
- Mu shu tempeh on shiso leaves
- Stilton scones with cranberry sauce and crispy sage leaves
- Blini, hot smoked salmon and horseradish crème fraîche
Menu may be subject to change
Cooking with your classmates is an integral part of your Leiths experience. You will cook some of your recipes in pairs, and some independently.
Your day will comprise of a mixture of practical cookery and demonstrations performed by the teacher who is running the session. The exact format will vary from class to class depending on the style of cuisine and, in the case of visiting chefs, their individual teaching style.
Around 1pm, you will break for lunch and enjoy the dishes you have cooked with the rest of your class, accompanied by a glass of wine or other refreshments. In some classes, such as skills classes, where dishes may not be appropriate for lunch, a mezze lunch will be provided.
- Refreshments on arrival
- A recipe booklet
- All ingredients provided and weighed out for you in advance
- Lunch of your own making or sharing platters prepared by the school, with wines or other refreshments
- We do the washing up
What to bring:
- Plenty of Tupperware to take away your canapés
- Flat soled shoes
- Long trousers and a long-sleeved top are advisable
Allergies and dietary restrictions
We are happy to make adjustments where possible. However, some classes are unsuitable for people with particular intolerances as the menu would need to be completely different. We require 10 days’ notice to check requests are possible and adjust our ordering. Please read our full policy on allergies and dietary restrictions here.