Leiths List - Privacy Notice
Purpose of this Notice
The purpose of this notice is to inform chefs, candidates and clients who use Leiths List on how Leiths use your information. At Leiths, we are committed to being fair and transparent about how we collect, use and protect your personal information.
What information do we collect?
Depending on whether you are looking for a position or looking to fill a vacancy or hire a chef, cook or other individual, we collect and use a range of information about you. This may include:
- Your name and contact details;
- Your CV, previous culinary experience and references;
- Details of your social media accounts;
- Details of your vacancy/job;
- Invoicing and bank account details; and
- Any testimonials or feedback written by or about you.
We collect this information from a variety sources. These include from you directly, whether on CVs or resumes, forms completed by you to register a vacancy or by correspondence with you.
In some cases we may also collect personal information about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers. We may also collect feedback and testimonials based on your experience of using Leiths List.
Where do we keep your information?
Your information is stored in a range of different places such as in our management systems and in other IT systems (including our email system). Further, any physical forms are securely held in locked filing cabinets.
Why do we use your information?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
We use your information to fulfil our contractual requirement to provide the recruitment services that you have requested and to collect any fees due to us.
We also use your information for our legitimate business interests including to:
- Obtain references and to provide references on request;
- Maintain records of jobs you have accepted;
- Maintain records of vacancies that you have filled;
- Offer you future work opportunities;
- Keep our records accurate and up-to-date;
- Invite you to our career fairs and other events;
- Promote and market our services if you give us permission to do so;
- Improve our service offering;
- Respond to and defend against legal claims.
We also use your personal information because we have legal obligations to do so, such as meeting our taxation duties and managing legal claims.
Who has access to your information?
If you are a candidate, your information will be shared with clients whose vacancies you express an interest in. If you are a client, your details will be shared with suitable candidates.
Your information will also be shared internally, including with select finance staff and IT staff. We may share your information with third parties in order to obtain references regarding your previous culinary experiences.
We may also share your information with our third party service providers who provide IT, system administration, storage, marketing and payment and other support services.
How long do we keep your information?
If you are a candidate, we will hold your information on file for 5 years in order to continue to offer you work opportunities during that period. If you are a client, we will keep your information on file for 5 years if your vacancy is filled. If your vacancy is not filled then we will delete your information. If you are providing a work experience placement or vacancy then we will retain your details for so long as you are actively offering placements.